Article 1 This regulation is made in accordance with relevant rules and regulations in Beijing to enhance the management of the use of ticket in Beijing Metro Network and maintain riding order.
Article 2 Ticket in this regulation refers to single journey ticket and welfare ticket specially used in Beijing metro network, and the One Card Through Card (Referred to as OCT card)
Article 3 Mileage-based and time-limited ticketing system is applied to Beijing Metro Network (Except Airport Express Line). Pricing scheme is as follows:
RMB3 0 – 6 km (including 6 km)
RMB4 6 – 12 km (including 12 km)
RMB5 12 – 22 km (including 22 km)
RMB6 22 – 32 km (including 32 km)
RMB1 is added to every 20 km for journey over 32 km without limit.
Passengers can stay at the paid area up to 4 hours on one journey.
Article 4 This regulation is applicable to all the operation lines of Beijing Metro Netlwir except the Airport Express Line.
Chapter 2 Purchase of Ticket
Article 5 Purchase of Single Journey Ticket
（1） Normal Single Journey Ticket
Passengers can buy it at the TVM at the station or at the book office.
When using TVM to by normal single journey ticket, passengers can use RMB 1 coin or RMB 5, RMB 10 notes and follow the instruction at the TVM.
（2） Welfare Ticket
In accordance with relevant laws, regulations or stipulations of the state or Beijing municipality, passengers holding valid ticket-free certificate shall get a welfare ticket at the station book office upon the certificate. Blind passenger with a “Disable Certificate (Sight disabled)” can have a companion free of ticket. If the certificate is not carried or is illiterate due to damage, he/she shall buy ticket according to regulation. Ticket-free certificate can only be used by the holder himself/herself, lend, transfer or obliteration is not allowed.
(3) Ticket Refund
In case metro operation is interrupted, passengers shall exit the station orderly according to the arrangement at the stations, metro operators shall enact relevant measures to reduce losses of the passengers and refund the fare upon condition at the failure line or the line directly affected.
Single journey ticket is not refundable after being issued due to any reason not related to metro operation.
Article 6 Purchase and Value Adding of OCT Card
Passengers can buy OCT Card at Book Office at stations.
IPassengers can add value to the OCT card at the book office or via TVM installed at the stations by following the instructions of the TVM. RMB10, RMB20, RMB 50 and RMB 100 notes are acceptable at the TVM.
Article 7 For single journey ticket, passengers could ask for fare invoice at the book office at the buying station upon valid ticket bought on the day. For OCT Card, only added value is invoiceable, passengers could ask for invoice at the book office at the value-adding station upon coupon issued by TVM.
Chapter 3 Use of Ticket
Article 8 Use of Single Journey Ticket
（1）Normal Single Journey Ticket
A normal single journey ticket is only valid for one person for single entering at the purchasing station on the purchasing day.
When entering with a normal single journey ticket, passenger shall swipe the ticket at the card reading area on the entering gate. A sound “ Di” from the gate indicates a successful swiping, the gate opens and passenger passes it quickly.
When exiting, passenger should insert the normal single journey ticket into the collecting slot at the exit gate, the gate opens and passenger exit quickly.
A welfare ticket is only valid for his/her own use for a single entering at the receiving station. Passengers using welfare ticket should cooperate with the metro staff in checking and registration of the certificate and the ticket.
When entering with a welfare ticket, passenger shall swipe the ticket at the card reading area on the entering gate. A sound “ Di” and an amber light from the gate indicates a successful swiping, the gate opens and passenger passes it quickly.
When exiting, passenger should insert the welfare ticket into the collecting slot at the exit gate, the gate opens and passenger exit quickly.
Article 9 Use of OCT card
One card is valid for one person entering once.
When entering with an OCT card, passenger shall swipe the card at the card reading area on the entering gate. A sound “ Di” from the gate indicates a successful swiping, the gate opens and passenger passes it quickly.
When exiting, passenger should swipe the card at the card reading area on the exit gate, the gate opens after deducting the fare, passenger exit quickly.
Article 10 Passengers can enjoy cascade discount when their OCT Card expense in the metro is up to a certain value within a month.
(1) If the accumulative expense in one OCT Card used a passenger in one natural month is up to RMB100, from the next ride, he/she can enjoy 20% discount; if the accumulative expense is up to RMB150, he/she can enjoy 50% discount from the next ride; when the accumulative expense is up to RMB400, no discount will apply. The accumulative value will be zeroed off at the end of every month.
(2) In case a passenger with OCT Card pays fare by cash upon arrival, the value of the cash is not counted in the accumulative expense and not enjoy the discount.
(3) In case the OCT Card is damaged and the record is not readable, passengers can get accumulative expense transfer service at a designated place in metro stations. Upon verification, the station will transfer the accumulative expense in the damaged card to the functioning card provided by passengers. If both the damaged card and the functioning card have accumulative expense in the current month, the two values will not be added, the higher value will be prevail.
(4) In case a passenger refund the OCT Card out of his/her own reason, the preferential discount policy will not applicable to that card and the accumulative expense in that card is not transferable to other card.
Article 11 Ticket can only be processed one at a time, 2 or more tickets overlapped are not acceptable. One OCT Card can’t be shared by 2 or more passengers at a time.
Article 12 Passengers shall keep the ticket properly when they travel on metro, please do not loss or damage the ticket by bending, scribbling or punching.
Article 13 When entering or exiting station, passengers shall line up and use the AFC gate at his/her right side.
Article 14 One adult passenger can have a child under 1.3 m free of fare. When passing the gate, he/she shall let the child go ahead of him/her. If he/she brings 2 children under 1.3m, one child can enjoy free fare. Adult brings child between 1.2m – 1.3m please contact station staff to get assistance.
Article 15 Passengers who do not buy and use ticket in accordance with regulations, shall go to the Fare Adjustment Office at stations to pay the fare. Specific regulations are as follows:
(1) If the riding mileage exceeds the fare paid, the passenger shall pay the shortage based on actual mileage.
(2) If the passenger stays in paid area longer than the limited time, he/she shall paid the minimum fare of a single journey and exit the station.
(3) If the riding mileage exceeds the fare paid and the staying time in the paid area exceeds the limit, the passenger shall pay the shortage based on actual mileage plus the minimum fare of a single ride and exit the station.
(4) Passengers can’t enter the station with OCT Card can inquiry OCT Card information at the Automatic Inquiry Machine at station. If the value of card is lower than the minimum fare of a single ride, he/she shall add value or buy a ticket by cash; if the card has no record of original station (Except the first time the card is in use), he/she shall enter the station after paying the fare at the Book Office based on actual mileage; if the OCT Card is illiterate, he/she shall buy a ticket by cash and enter the station.
(5) Passengers can’t exit station with a ticket shall go to the Fare Adjustment Office. If the reason is lack of record on original station, the record will be added to the ticket accordingly; if the ticket is illiterate, he/she shall pay the fare by cash based on actual mileage.
(6) If the ticket is damaged deliberately or lost after entered the paid area, the case is treated as riding without ticket. The damaged ticket will be reclaimed and the passenger shall pay fare based on mileage from this station to the farthest station in the metro network.
(7) Passenger enter the paid area with invalid or faked ticket or by climbing AFC gate or fence, he/she shall be fined up to 10 times the highest single journey fare in the metro network and the invalid ticket will be reclaimed by station staff.
(8) Passengers travel with obliterated, faked or other person’s ticket-free certificate will be fined up to 10 times the highest single journey fare in the metro network. The certificate will be reclaimed by metro staff.
Article 16 Passengers who do not buy and use ticket according to this regulation and refuse to let the ticket verified and pay makeup fare accordingly, or abuse metro staff, or resell ticket on profit, or change the information on the ticket illegally, or fake ticket or ticket-free certificate, or damage or interfere AFC system equipment, or disturb the order of public transport, will be submitted to public security authorities.
Chapter 4 Inquiry & Complain
Article 17 For any inquiry, consultation, proposal or complain related to OCT card, please contact the service hotline of BMAC or its website.
Article 18 For any inquiry, proposal and complain related to single journey ticket, please contact the service hotline of Beijing Metro Operators.
(1) Beijing Metro Operation Corporation Limited :
(2) Beijing MTR Corporation Limited
Service Hotline : 63988622
Chapter 5 Supplementary Articles
Article 19 This regulation is effective from December 28, 2014. The Method for the Issue and Use of Ticket at Beijing Metro Network (AFC System) (Provisional) is annulled.